Friday, January 22, 2010

Car die again!!

This is a late post, but again, my car is dead after being revived not too long. I wonder is it the mechanics' fault or is it purely mine?

My dear old Toyota, now come to think of it, my family practically runs on these workhorses. My dad owned a Corona quite some time ago, the was around my age 20++, then I got my Toyota EE90, then my bro now owns a Toyota SEG, and soon my dad is getting another Toyota. Other than the Mercedes that my dad owned and the Perodua Kancil that my sis have, we are Toyota loyalist! Haha


But my poor workhorse decided to give itself out, it was a rainy day, suddenly I felt something amiss when I step on the clutch, then moments later, I felt a light vibration coming from the clutch pedal, but I was on the round-a-bout so I can't simply stop, I had to get to my exit then only stop at the roadside, then I kill the engine and consulted my dad, he said to continue, but now the vibration is getting so strong that it will make my leg feel numb. So what I did was drive slowly, maintain a speed of 20km/h - 30km/h using 2nd gear. After about 5-10min, I reached the destination but the vibration has gone, only a small vibration will come once in awhile. Then my dad used my car for the next two days, on the second day, he sent it to CN Auto, they said they had fixed the problem and my dad asked whether it was usable, they said take it, just drive back tomorrow for a check-up. Before reaching home, the car dies, and cannot be started anymore, not even with pushing jump start nor with cable jump start. Towed back and the next day the mechanics said need to overhaul! So whose fault is it I wonder, I admit it could be mine as my driving style is rather aggressive, this was the second time this workshop has made repairs that resulted in my car needing another overhaul!

Hope to see you soon my EE90!


This is not mine, just a pic I google, but overall this is how my car looks like

0 comments: