Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Restart blogging?

This year has been full of ups and some downs for me. Just a little recap:

I had a great boss that was patient and caring, gives great life lesson which I am applying it to my work nowadays (I feel its better instead of coaching directly on our work skill). Our entire team had a great time together when he was around, he took us out for R&R and food trips every now and then, this greatly boosted our morale and tighten the bond and teamwork in the team. Of course there were stressful times, but I consider it as a good stress.



I finally picked up basketball in the first half of 2012, the end of the world almost came for me twice. Busted my knee and after MRI, founded that I have a partial torn tendon/ligament (can’t remember which), mild arthritis, bone bruising and internal swelling. This happen somewhere during mid year, and my second major knee injury just happened last week, Oct. So my current plan is to recover and build my knee, lose at least 10kg before I begin my game again.

Went on to several working trips, Ipoh, Johor, Kuching in April, Kota Kinabalu in May. My happy traveling days kinda ended here as this was also when my boss left us for a better future, good for him! Anyways, the next travelling was to Genting in August and Johor in Oct. When I first joined this job, I was really hoping that were more traveling involved, mainly for the claims and new place, sadly, I am suppose to handle stuffs from HQ with minimal to no traveling. How am I suppose to improve w/o being on the ground more???

1 happy and sad thing was that my contract status has changed, to better of course. Now I have better medical and dental coverage, but with it, my OT claims etc have since disappeared w/o salary increment.

I finally was able to hit the gym consistently, at least until my knee was injured. This contributed to about 3kg off in a month, which is a good/healthy progress for me. 




Image from link, link, link, link, link

0 comments: