Sunday, April 11, 2010

Movie Review: Clash of the Titans

I don't get it why lots of my friends (Elmo's friends) gave this movie a really bad review, they say it is very and absolutely lousy, the only thing worth watching is the Graphics. But to me, it is a good movie with good (not great) graphic. Interesting story though seems rather unfair that the hero is too strong for a first time warrior. Other than that, it is pretty nice, and I like the part where they fight the scorpions, and one of the dialogue that I felt amusing is 'its better to be on it than in it'. And nearing the end of the movie, the hunters brought home a scorpion themselves. Haha.

There are a few things in this movie which reminds me of other movie, one most noticeable is the Kraken, unless you don't watch Pirates of the Carribean, I believe most of you remembers those Giant Tentacles and the scene where Captain Sparrow charge head on with it. One thing that you can't deny is the resemblance of the lead female actress of this movie towards Lord of the Rings, it really does feels like I am watching something like it. Another thing is a movie released not too long ago, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, somehow the image of Medusa wearing shades was a little of what I think of what I was about to see. Haha. I think this is only me though, when I see the scorpions, it reminds me of the scorpions from Transformers and The Scorpion King. Hehe. Some others that came into mind waste Universal Soldiers, The Mummy, Prince of Persia etc

This movie is worth a watch, I didn't watch it in 3D though, didn't feel it was great enough to waste money on. But definitely good to watch. Somehow I won't trust the reviews of a certain people any longer.

0 comments: