Monday, August 22, 2011

Lunar Calendar

Well, in case you don't know, I have other blogs that I manage. But the best and most interesting to read should be this blog. Well, I will be linking to the other blog now, so if you are interested, go and have a read as it has a little bit to do here and I don't really feel like copy pasting. So the link to my LAW BLOG is Driving under the influence of SMARTPHONES. Well, if you have read my previous post, MALAYSIAN ROAD ACCIDENT, LOL, I just make it sound worse. Haha. Anyways, if you've read it, you probably noticed that there might be a few extra accidents cases happening this month compare to the usual.

I blame it primarily on the Lunar calendar, in case if you don't know this, the lunar calendar is not in its 8th month now, it is still in the 7th month, or more commonly recognized as the HUNGRY GHOST MONTH. During this particular month, people who have the slightest superstitious beliefs will try their best to avoid going out at night and practice whatever things they can in order to not enroll for a free ride on the ambulance, or the ultimate prize, a one-way-trip via earth using a coffin or urn. Well, jokes aside, I do not deny the existence of these paranormal stuffs though I have never experienced it first-hand before, NOT THAT I WISH TO!! So seeing a little spike in the death/injury rate in hospital shouldn't be surprising this month.

Basically in this blog post, I would like to put emphasis on two particular thing.

1) People who are only superstitious during this particular month.
2) People who are more careful on the road this month (driving slower)


For the people in category (1) are basically dumb. Well, if you believe in the existence of the paranormal, and you are trying your best not to get the  free prize, do you really think that they are only here during this particular month? Well, chances are, they are everywhere, almost every-time. I know some might be arguing that this particular month is worse etc, but bear this in mind, if you are unlucky, if it is your time, there is practically nothing you could do. I am a firm believer in luck, but not to the extent where I am luck dependent or blame everything on luck. For example, when I play basketball, when I score a critical point, I will give credit to my luck, because sometimes I myself am surprised that I made it. If someone else made that, and I lost, I won't blame it on luck, deep down in my heart I just know that they played better this time, and its my own fault of not performing up to their level. This in turns motivates me to push myself harder and in turn creates opportunity and hence increase my luck (most of the time, we create our luck). Having said that, don't do stupid things and you should be safe, else all I could blame is on your luck.

Just another study I would like to share, can't remember where I've read it before, but it goes along something like this: The victim pose. How often do you watch a movie and a person is walking pass a group of people, gave off an aura saying that PLEASE PLEASE DON'T COME AFTER ME!! This person will increase his walking speed, act a little more fishy, avoid eye contact while trying to take a peek at the group of people, trying to move away from them (was walking on right side of the walkway, now slowly drifting to the left side). Don't you think this person is basically screaming COME TO ME, I AM WEAK, I WON'T HARM YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, JUST DON'T KILL ME PLEASE!

(Well, the above are in my own words, but basically the study I've read is has the content more or less like that)

Ok, please bear in mind that I am not asking you to stare at the group, just walk confidently as you were, giving respectful eye contact is a good thing if you know how, else just walk like you normally would, increasing/decreasing your pace is a bad idea now.

Ok, I've crapped too much, and finally reaching my brain function limit, will try to continue with a more interesting content of the continuation of this post. Stay tuned.

[Source: Link, Link, Link, Link, Link]

0 comments: