Friday, August 21, 2009

Irreplaceable vs Replaceable

While working today, stumbled upon something bloggable, a sentence which might sound absurb, but worth thinking about.

Don't be irreplaceable.

If you can't be replaced,

you can't be promoted.

It might seem weird,
  • If you are replaceable, that means you could be fired anytime
  • If you are irreplaceable, that means you can't be promoted.

So what shall it be, to be replaceable or irreplaceable?
If its me, I shall go for irreplaceable, but, I will definitely pressure the management so that I can be promoted.

But back to the sentence, what it actually meant was do your thing the best you can, be an asset to your company, it will ensure your bright future, but don't stuck in one spot, once the company noticed that they cannot replace you, they will just put you there forever.

3 comments:

Jimi said...

I'll go with irreplaceable. But if they don't give me the promotion, I'll just leave the company. If you're good at something, lots of companies should be glad to have you on board.

skol said...

It is true, but what if the post is not that all high and mighty.

But it is true, thats why I chose Irreplaceable too.

KahYong said...

It's good if you are irreplaceable, that means the company needs you and you should be promoted. If you job position is irreplaceable, then you can't be promoted. =)