Wednesday, August 12, 2009

UP review

Went to the movie screening last night. Quite happy finally able to see something funny, wanted to watch Ice Age soon after its release, but Elmo kept finding excuses to avoid it, now no more excuse. I have always enjoyed watching cartoon stuff, even now, I still do, and I am a fan of Anime too, favourites being Slam Dunk and Samurai X! I loved Madagascar, but I still feel the 1st one was better or maybe the second one didn't perform up to my expectation! As for this time, UP didn't really presented itself UP to my expectation. Don't get me wrong though, but I was hoping for a little more, maybe its just me being greedy huh..

K, on to the review part eh.
Take a look at him, but he isn't always like that, I mean white hair (Uncle Long), but he had his younger days too. During which he got married and later found out his wife couldn't have babies or something which somehow lead them to remembering their childhood promise with cross heart, X. The place they wanted to go was Paradise Falls, a place where their childhood hero went in order to clear his name. They had a fancy dressing for it too, like Superman with the red undies on the outside, they had goggles and hat.

Now here is his younger time, I like the mailbox part along, when he accidentally prints his palm on it, instead of getting scold at, she thought up a better way, a better solution instead of scolding, comforting him by prints her palm on the mail box as well, so instead of a pretty and normal mailbox they end up with a pretty and unique mailbox.

**some of you should learn this, be it guy or girl

***reminder to myself too, need to do this! (the no blame game part)

Well, lets keep this spoiler a spoiler, and I'll just skip to here, if you remember the trailer, this boy was knocking on the door and asking if he could assist the elderly. Well that scene and this scene here was 2different occasions, see the movie to understand.


A really funny part that really got me was this GPS scene, Russel said that they are in South America while our Mr Grumpy didn't believe him and assume they were still in the vicinity of the city. Skipping the nitty gritty, Russel accidentally threw the GPS out! You gotta watch it to enjoy it!


Now here they are after a bumpy ride, Paradise Falls. Notice the piece of paper he is holding, it was torn off by his wife when she was a kid, torn out of a book in the Library.

They made friends along they way, or should I say Russel made friends along the way while our Mr Grumpy were trying to rid them away.



Lets just say this was also a part where I enjoyed.

Sit!
Hand!
Talk!

Thats all, either you go see trailer or go see the movie!


This is the childhood hero that I mentioned earlier, but after this scene they turn into mortal enemies. Curious why, well, go watch then know! But I like the way the dogs steal food from Russel


This was the beginning and the end, and also the beginning for our Russel. Kind of like the ending, quite heart warming.

In all, if I were to rate this movie, I might just give it 3.0-3.5 out of 5.0...

Well I could not have seen this and could not have went to Pavillion KL (1st time went there) without the help of Nuffnang.


Thanks alot Nuffnang

1 comments:

Gabriel said...

Dropping by from Innit! :)